Ho my god !
Made in 3 days for the ScoreSpace Jam #8 | Theme: BALANCE
Please zoom in if screen is too small, or download the game below for proper full screen. Feel free to report any bugs to me in the comments!
Q: How do you play this game? What are the controls?
Controls are based on your current perspective (Keyboard )
- Rotate mountain forward/backward - "W/S" / "up/down arrow "
- Rotate mountain left/right - "A/D" / "left/right arrow "
- Rotate camera - "Q/E" / ", / ."
Q: How does this game relate to the theme ?
A: This is game has a pretty literal interpretation of the theme. You will need to "balance" the ball down a winding path down a mountain by spinning the mountain (like those labyrinth marble games, which is basically where this idea originated from).
Q: What is the goal of the game?
A: As you descend the mountain, coins will appear along the path which you can collect to gain points. Your highscore is based on the amount of coins collected before plummeting to your death.
Pre-made Assets Credits (UI sprites, 3D models, and music & sounds)
Bugs Found (That I'll fix when this jam is completely over)
- Web version: "Quit Game" freezes game requiring you to refresh
- I forgot to loop the music so it stops after 4 minutes
- A section in the harder part lacks coins
- The corner fence is very sticky and you will need to nudge the mountain a lot in the right direction to free yourself
Check out my other games!
- Extract the Zip file into an empty folder
- Run the executable named "Mount Descent", it's with the icon.
- Extract the zip into your desired folder
- Right click the x86_64 file
- Choose 'Properties'
- Go to the 'Permissions' tab
- Tick 'Allow executing this file as a program'
- Close the dialog and enjoy the game
Yes, I know this sounds super sketchy.