This is a great game! You definatly get the hang of the tetris like aiming by your second try. Love it!
Made in 3 days for the ScoreSpace x Polycade Jam | Theme: THE 80's
Please zoom in if screen is too small, or download the game below for proper full screen. Feel free to report any bugs to me in the comments!
Q: How do you play this game? What are the controls?
Controls (Keyboard / Controller)
- Move - "left/right arrow " / "D-Pad / Joystick"
- Shoot/Select - "Space" / "Button A"
- Cancel/Quit - "Escape" / "Button B"
Q: How does this game relate to the theme ?
A: After looking at arcade games from the 1980s, we decided to mash up arcades games like Tetris and Arkanoid into one game. The game's aesthetics and sounds were also designed to make players feel like they're playing an arcade game from the 1980s as well.
Q: What is the goal of the game?
A: Get the highest possible score in both mini-games. In the mini-games, blocks will slowly descend onto you (at the bottom of the screen) and you have to keep destroying them as long as possible. Remember change your nickname otherwise the score will be saved under someone else!
Check out our other games!
And it all started with one drawing...
- Extract the zip into your desired folder
- Right click the x86_64 file
- Choose 'Properties'
- Go to the 'Permissions' tab
- Tick 'Allow executing this file as a program'
- Close the dialog and enjoy the game
- Right-click (or control-click) the application and choose “Open”
- Click the “Open” button at the next dialog warning to launch the app anyway
Yes, I know this sounds super sketchy.
- [Sorry! Your high-score got reset] Bug fixes updateOct 30, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Made a video
Wow, thanks for playing our game! I also enjoyed watching the video
rip ball mini-game.
This was a really nice little game! Very well executed concept too. It's a nice little twist on the old classic arcade games!
Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it! Do you have any feedback or improvements we could make about the game?
Hey! Do you have a keyboard version? So people can rate the game.